Well, I am back to work today. =) One of the great things about working for Microsoft is that they give fathers a month off paid leave for having a new baby. I was nervous about doing this – how I was going to handle a 3 year old all day long let alone a newborn? It has been a month since my second daughter was born – and I have no regrets taking off the time, although I could have used a little more sleep.
· My wife is amazing, I truly understand what she will have to deal with now on a daily basis and am in awe.
· I could never be a full time mom
· My 3 yr old does not have an off switch
· I thought I would be able to get some work done – e-mail, blogging, Silverlight videos, etc. over the leave. I was wrong – my kids consumed every moment I had unless they were asleep and then I was too tired to do anything anyway. =)
· My daughter asked if she could have her own computer. I hooked up an old laptop and put windows on it. She was on NickJr and clicking away with the mouse on games, videos, you name it. I was so impressed – expect a video on Facebook soon. She is definitely daddy’s girl!
· Being able to calm my newborn every night at 3am without any bottle (my wife is breastfeeding so no bottles for dad yet)
· My oldest holding the baby and telling me how happy she is to finally have a sister
I’ll be catching up on e-mails and such over the next few days and posting here as I found stuff I think would be interesting. There should be some really exciting news coming out of Redmond soon as we move into Mix08 in just 2 weeks as well!