Goodbye from Dave

Hello to my millions of readers across the world.  Or, well, maybe 10 readers across the world.  Something like that.

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that the CLR Profiling API is shifting ownership to some other fantastic folks on the CLR team.  So after many years of working on this facet of the CLR, it’s time for me to say goodbye.

Please continue to monitor the .NET Team blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dotnet/) for exciting new happenings in the CLR, including the profiling API.

So long, and thanks for the memories!

Dave

1. Ooh says:

Hey Dave, thanks for the clarifying blog posts you wrote. Wish you all the very best, whatever you're heading to!

2. Brian Hartung says:

Farewell and thank you for all your efforts over the years.  Your efforts have been appreciated by myself and the somewhere between 9 and n*10^6-1 other readers.  I hope your next gig is at least as challenging and rewarding for you.

Cheers!

3. Dmitry Zaslavsky says:

Good luck Dave with whatever you'll be doing. Enjoy.

Thanks for all your posts :)

4. Dror Helper says:

After so many years of reading every post – I'd like to thank you for helping me work with the CLR profiler.

I wish you all the best and good luck in your next challenges.

5. Vic Klien says:

Sorry to hear you are leaving Dave.  I've always enjoyed reading your posts.

6. Nick says:

Thanks for the great posts Dave!

Sorry to hear you go; I wish you the very best in your new job.

7. Shaun Wilde says:

Thanks for all the posts Dave, without all that information and other timely advice OpenCover would never have been completed so quickly.

8. Stefan Dragnev says:

Dave, your blog posts are a wonderful read. I hope you have the opportunity and pleasure of writing posts about your new work that are just as entertaining as these. Also, I hope to have the pleasure of reading them :)

Peace.

9. Ben says:

Dave, I'm late to joining the party, but have lately started implementing and experimenting with my own profiler. I have found your blog to be a tremendously useful and helpful repository of knowledge. It is unfortunate that all things must come to an end, but at least I have almost 9 years of posts to go through. Please do keep these posts available online for as long as possible. (You should consider editing them together into a book. I'd certainly jump at getting a copy.) Best of luck on your future endeavors.

10. The 10th says: