In my previous post, I mentioned the new home for CLRProfiler, where you can find its latest version, 4.5: http://clrprofiler.codeplex.com/. On the same CodePlex site you can also find a new sample, ILRewrite. ILRewrite contains sample code demonstrating the following:
- Parsing a stream of IL bytes into a linked list of editable structures
- Writing that linked list back out into a new stream of IL bytes
- Using the metadata API to add AssemblyRefs, TypeRefs, and MemberRefs to modules you instrument
- Using the metadata API to add brand new methods into mscorlib.dll
- Using the new RequestReJIT and RequestRevert APIs.
Click on the ILRewrite10Source download from the Downloads tab. You can find some basic documentation on the Documentation tab, and more detailed documentation in the readme.txt distributed as part of the source.