Due to a busy travel schedule and working on the agenda of Dev & IT-Pro Days 2007, I haven’t been able to read all the posts from the blogs I’m subscribed to. But this week I’ve a couple of days of holidays, which allows me to catch up on “unread” RSS feeds. Here are the most interesting links I came across:
- Microsoft Best Practices Analyzer for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and the 2007 Microsoft Office System. (Via Alexander Windel)
The Microsoft Best Practices Analyzer for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and the 2007 Microsoft Office System Best Practices Analyzer programmatically collects settings and values from data repositories such as MS SQL, registry, metabase and performance monitor. Once collected, a set of comprehensive ‘best practice’ rules are applied to the topology.
Administrators running this tool will get a detailed report listing the recommendations that can be made to the environment to achieve greater performance, scalability and uptime.
Install instructions can be found here.
- patterns & practices Performance Testing Guidance
The purpose of this project is to build some insightful and practical guidance around doing performance testing and using Visual Studio 2005. It’s a collaborative effort between industry experts, Microsoft ACE, patterns & practices, Premier, and VSTS team members.
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of your performance testing
- Learn expert techniques performance testing
- Apply expert techniques for performance testing using Visual Studio.NET 2005
- OneNote 2007 PowerToys (Via Chris Pratley)
A set of nex PowerToys for OneNote 2007 is about to be released by Daniel Escapa.
The ones out so far are:
- The 3rd installment of the “Live From Redmond”: AJAX Security Webcast Series is now available for on-demand viewing. On-Demand HERE
This Webcast will cover advanced cross-site scripting (XSS) attack methods, such as Web malware, XSS in e-mail, Datamining with AJAX and virus’s that run inside of Web browsers. We will cover the impact of these attacks and how they can be used to steal cookies. In addition, we will review how mistakes in AJAX style programming could introduce security vulnerabilities into your code.
- Keyboard Shortcut Reference Posters:
- SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2: Now fully compatible with Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system
- Virtual PC 2007 is now available: Whether Microsoft virtualization technology is an important component of your existing infrastructure or you’re just a Virtual PC enthusiast, you can now download Virtual PC 2007 absolutely free.
- Hooked on LINQ: This website aims to be the premier community resource for LINQ (Language Integrated Query) for Microsoft®’s .NET. (Via Frank Arrigo and Brain Madsen)
- Windows Sidebar Styler: This is an application which takes advantage of various technologies introduced in Windows Vista in order to provide extensions to the existing functionality of Windows Sidebar. Haven’t tried it but worth having a look at. (Via Eric Nelson)
- DinnerNow v1.2 is now available (via James Conard)
- Support for Reflector 5.0 in TestDriven.NET 2.3 (via Jamie Cansdale & Lutz Roeder)