Arlindo links to a solution or better, a workaround to get RSS Bandit to run properly on Windows Vista beta builds. I've been a long time user of RSS Bandit and was happy with it. But since I switched to Windows Vista I've had quite some problems with RSS Bandit. Especially when editing the configuration like adding or removing feeds etc.
Therefore I decided to give the RSS Platform of 2007 Office System & Windows Vista a try. Since running beta 2 of both Office and Windows Vista I've imported my OPML file into Outlook 2007. I'm happy with that so far and it reminds me to the time when I was reading feeds with Newsgator. If only I could delete multiple feeds at once ...
Add to that Windows Live Writer and you know how I consume and create RSS feeds these days.
I also noticed that since yesterday the X86 RC1 of Windows Vista is available for download on the Microsoft Connect site:
Title: Windows Vista 5536-16385 for X86
Description: 0x45527F10 vista_5536.16385.060821-1900_vista_rc1_x86fre_client-LR1CFRE_EN_DVD.iso
Update: It looks like this is still a pre-RC1 build. I'll let you know when the official RC1 is available for donwload.
I'll try to install this RC1 build on my Toshiba Tecra M4 during the weekend and let you know how it goes. Next I will also give RSS Bandit a try to see if it works on the RC1 bits. Not that I consider changing my way of working and the tools I'm using but I'm just curious if it's RSS Bandit or Windows Vista that causes the problem. While reading Dare's blog you will notice he's fixing some issues on RSS Bandit...