SJJ Embedded Micro Solutions has just released a new book by Sean Liming that focuses on Windows Embedded for Point of Service (WEPOS). The book covers installation topics for OEMs installing WEPOS and provides application and service object examples for POS for .NET developers.
The 238-page book, titled Windows Embedded for Point of Service / POS for .NET Step-By-Step, consists of nine chapters with 18 different step-by-step exercises. Topics include:
- Windows Embedded for Point of Service Unattended Installation, Remote Installation, and Remote Boot
- Customizing the WEPOS Platform
- POS for .NET Architecture
- Creating and Managing Service Objects
- Several POS for .NET applications written in VB .NET and using a few POS devices such as bar code scanner, MSR, line display, cash drawer, and receipt printer.
More details can be found at: http://ct.enews.deviceforge.com/rd/cts?d=207-155-3-29-4355-13453-0-0-0-1