...From Mike Hall's Blog.
CE 6.0 Launch Date has been announced - Make a note in your calendars for November 1st 2006 8am PST - note that this is going to be a Virtual event - more information available at http://www.ce6launch.com
The launch event will give you a first look at Windows Embedded CE 6.0 and Windows XP Embedded Service Pack 2 Feature Pack 2007.
This is an online event, partly "live", with a keynote given by Craig Mundie, Chief Research & Strategy Officer, Microsoft and then a number of "On Demand" sessions and labs.
Technical Sessions On Demand
Session 1: CE 6.0 Overview
Session 2: Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Kernel and Memory Architecture
Session 3: Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Tools
Session 4: Application Development for Windows Embedded CE 6.0
Session 5: Access Windows Embedded CE Source Code
Session 6: Understanding the Windows Embedded Advantage
Session 7: Developing Device Drivers for Windows Embedded CE 6.0
Session 8: Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Real-Time
And as if the sessions aren't enough the following hands on labs will also be available - the really neat thing about the labs is that you don't need to download or install any of the operating system development tools, you can run through the labs from the MSDN/Virtual labs site using a Virtual PC image exposed through a web page - Very Cool!
Windows Embedded CE 6.0
· How to create, customize, and debug a Windows Embedded CE 6.0 image for the ARM based emulator
· Writing Microsoft Foundation Class code for Windows Embedded CE 6.0
· Writing Managed Code for Windows Embedded CE 6.0
· Using the Windows Embedded CE Test Kit (CETK) to test CE 6.0 based devices
· Using Remote Tools and Profiling a Windows Embedded CE 6.0 operating system image
Registration is open on the CE6 Launch site