Hello Windows Azure Marketplace users,
We’re back with another exciting set of announcements! In the past 4 months, we’ve not only supported the launch of a new storefront, but also made great strides in making our service more resilient, added a feature to help users guard against interruptions to service, added a huge portfolio of data services and app services, while continuing to improve the user experience on the portal and from Office products.
If you are a Developer, you will be very excited to know that we launched the Azure Store, which is a marketplace for data services and app services on the Windows Azure Portal, in October 2012. Want to learn more? Check out the keynote from Build 2012!
If you are an Analyst or an Information Worker, you will be interested in knowing that we improved the experience of using Windows Azure Marketplace from Excel PowerPivot, and we helped with the launch of Data Explorer, which is a data aggregation and shaping tool from SQL Information Services. Download Data Explorer and start playing with it right away!
Here are a few snapshots from Data Explorer:
Here are a few snapshots with the improved experience from Excel PowerPivot:
We have also continued to improve the user experience on the Windows Azure Marketplace Portal. We added a sitemap, which is a one-stop shop access point to all the important resources on the websites. With this feature, discoverability of resources on the website was greatly improved. We also made an improvement to the data visualization tool on our portal, Service Explorer, by replacing it with the more metro-looking Query Builder, to unify the data exploration experience found in Excel and PowerPivot. With this release, we also added support for download to PowerPivot 2010 and PowerPivot 2013, to target a broader set of customers.
We also added a feature in which users can opt-in to Windows Azure Marketplace automatically refilling their subscriptions when the subscription balances are low – we got a lot of feedback from our users that there ought to be a way to automatically re-subscribe to a subscription when the subscription balance runs out, and we heard the feedback, and we released the feature called Auto Refill, that did exactly that. Hmm, too good to be true? Read more about Auto Refill.
Here is a snapshot of the sitemap:
Here is a snapshot of the new data visualization tool on the Marketplace Portal:
Here are a few snapshots of Auto-Refill:
We have also released a good list of content in the past 5 months, and one of the interesting offerings was the Synonyms API that we made available through the Windows Azure Marketplace. The Synonyms API returns alternate references to real world entities like products, people, locations, and more.
For instance, the API intelligently matches the following real world entities to commonly used synonyms:
- Product synonyms: “Canon 600D” is synonymous with “canon rebel t3i”, etc
- People synonyms: “Jennifer Lopez”” is synonymous with “jlo”, etc
- Place synonyms: “Seattle Tacoma International Airport” is synonymous with “sea tac”, etc.
Try out this cool API for yourself right here.
We also released a ton of great content by Dun & Bradstreet, Digital Folio and our other key publishers, and here’s a short list:
- Delta One – Rates and yields derived from real market data
- 300.000 Economic Indicators for 196 Countries – 300.000 economic indicators, exchange rates, stock market indexes, government bond yields and commodity prices for 196 countries
- Derivative Data – Derivative price information on the Euro Stoxx 50 equity index
- Calendar Mapping Table for Data Warehouses – Full set of hierarchies for the standard calendar and the ISO week structure
- Drug Prescribing by GP Practices in England, Published by: Custom Web Apps, Ltd
- LetMobile Secure Mobile Email, Published by: LetMobile
- True False WebUpload, Published by: True False S.r.l.
- Retail Intelligence API – Event History: All Product Elements, Published by: Digital Folio
- Retail Intelligence API – Summaries: All Product Elements, Published by: Digital Folio
- Retail Intelligence API – Event History: Product Price Only, Published by: Digital Folio
- Retail Intelligence API – Summaries: Product Price Only, Published by: Digital Folio
- The City of Barcelona’s Barcelona Facilities
- The City of Barcelona’s Barcelona Car Registrations in 2009
- The City of Barcelona’s Barcelona City Blocks
- The City of Barcelona’s Barcelona Basic Addresses
- MacroTrenz’s U.S. Bank Financia Condition & Performance Data Service
- Custom Web Apps’ Crime Statistics for England & Wales
- Dun & Bradstreet’s Business Insight
- Dun & Bradstreet’s Bustling Manufacturers & Business Services List
- EUHealth’s European Health Care Data
- ScientiaMobile’s WURFL Cloud Service
- Profity‘s Timesplitter
- Active Cloud Monitoring – Active Cloud Monitoring by MetricsHub monitors your cloud applications and automatically scales your service up or down based on rules you set. Within minutes, you’ll improve up-time and decrease cost.
- Bitline – Stop spending time managing image infrastructure. Use Bitline to handle all your image processing, from cropping, to rotations, or filters. We even offer screenshots of websites! Blitline leverages cloud based services and provides reliable, scalable, enterprise ready performance.
- EZDRM Hosted PlayReady DRM – EZDRM, Hosted PlayReady DRM provider, offers Microsoft PlayReady DRM for protection and content access control of your digital media. Our solution supports Microsoft Smooth Streaming (.piff/.ismv), PlayReady Video (.pyv), playReady Audio (.pya) and Windows Media (.wmv, .wma) file formats.
- Cloudinary – Cloudinary streamlines your web application’s image manipulation needs. Cloudinary’s cloud-based servers automate image uploading, resizing, cropping,optimizing, sprite generation and more.
- Embarke Email Analytics – Embarke is next-generation analytics for email. Learn behaviors about your users that will help you increase engagement and revenue. Integration takes less than 15 minutes!
- Scheduler – Time-based eventing made simple. Schedule CRON jobs with ease.
- Pusher – Pusher makes it easy to push any type of content to browsers and devices in real time.
- VS Anywhere – Real-Time Collaboration Platform for Visual Studio 2010/2012. Share Solutions, Projects, Code and Visual Studio Designers worldwide in Real-Time
Windows Azure Marketplace Team