Over the last few weeks Chris and Jeremy have been working away behind the scenes to prepare the content for the road trip that will be coming in a few weeks time to a location near you.
This morning they did the first complete run through to an audience. We had a developer and a non developer locked in a room with notepads while they went through the talk to get feedback, and the feedback from both was very good.
Chris and Jeremy have worked hard to ensure that neither the developer or the infrastructure guru will lose interest through the presentation - something that is pretty hard to do, and we've managed to pull it off (according to our test audience) by mixing the content up and skipping things that people are already familiar with, while keeping things on track.
Now I have some more news... In my last blog post on the summer road trip I said we had two machines to give away. Well, rather than one grunty and one not, we are now giving away the two machines the guys will be demoing from. These are both grunty machines with 8Gb of Ram. They don't have keyboards, monitors or a mouse, but to sweeten the deal we will throw in a copy of Vista Ultimate and Home server, so if you want to retire your old machine to use as a home server you can. And yes they do have hardware virtualisation 🙂
Finally, we are nearing capacity in Auckland (actually, we are over capacity, but we are accounting for a bit of a drop out), but we still have plenty of space in most of the other venues. We expect most places to fill up in the next week though, so get in quick.
In case you missed it, the venue will open at 1pm and the session starts at 1:30pm. We expect to go for two hours. The venues are below:
- Feb 4, Auckland - AUT, Ground Floor, Write Stevenson House, 585 Great South Road, Auckland (Full- sorry no more registrations!)
- Feb 5, Tauranga - Bureta Park Motor Inn, Redwood Room, Vale Street, Otumoetai, Tauranga
- Feb 7, Hamilton - Wintec, Room C1.18, Gate 5, Tristram Street, Hamilton
- Feb 8, New Plymouth - Quality Hotel, Blenheim room, Cnr Courtenay and Leach Streets, New Plymouth
- Feb 11, Napier - East Pier, 50 Nelson Quay, Ahuriri, Napier
- Feb 12, Palmerston North - PN Convention Centre, The Conference Room, 1st Floor, 354 Main Street, Palmerson North
- Feb 13, Wellington - Paramount Theatre, 25 Courtney Place, Wellington
- Feb 14, Nelson - Tahuna Beach Function Rooms, Tui Room, 70 Beach Road, Tahunanui, Nelson
- Feb 15, Christchurch - Christchurch convention centre, Cambridge Room, 1st Floor, 86 Kilmore Street, Christchurch
- Feb 18, Dunedin - Town Hall, 1 Harrop Street, Dunedin
- Feb 19, Invercargill - Ascot Park Hotel, Oreti Room, Corner of Tay Street and Racecourse Road, Invercargill
Don't forget you need to register online at http://www.dot.net.nz/Default.aspx?tabid=113 (and turn up on the day) to be in the draw for one of the Home Servers!
*Update* - Auckland venue is AUT not AIT!
*Update 2* - Auckland is full, so we've closed registrations