Customer asked me to see if they can change their CRM Organization Display Name. I didn’t pay attention to these small details in CRM therefore I don’t know. But I did some research and evaluated the impact of changing the name. So it’s possible to change the organization display name and the impact is minor since we are not changing the schema name of the organization.
To change the Display Name of a CRM organization, you may follow the steps below.
- Logon to the CRM Application Server.
- Navigate to Start | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 | Deployment Manager.
- Click on Organizations on the left navigation to display the organizations in the environment.
- Select the organization that you want to change the Display Name.
- Click Disable from the Action Pane on the right.
- Click Edit Organization from the Action Pane on the right.
- On the Edit Organization Wizard screen. enter the desired organization name in the Display Name textbox, then click Next to move to the confirmation screen.
- Click Next on the System Checks screen.
- Click Apply on the Ready to Apply Changes screen.
- Click Finish to close the Edit Organization Wizard.
- After the update is completed, click Enable on the Action Pane to re-enable the organization.