Jason Zander announced, yesterday, our vision for Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) in the next version of Visual Studio. Our vision for ALM can be broken down into three main themes:
- Building on the momentum of Visual Studio 2010.
- Accelerating agile adoption
- Linking development and operations
we are closing the gap between the development and the supervision phase (Develop/Operate). Expending our SDLC support to a much broader ALM support
Many annoucements like
- StoryBoard Assistant – a plug-in for PowerPoint that connects the creation and review of story boards with the rest of the team.
- A set of natural tools that let stakeholders directly participate in the development process (feedback tool records feedback on the web site or can be send by emails)
- Code Clone Detection, support of Nunit & Xunit
- System Center Operations Manager Connector
I recommend you to download the “Visual Studio vNext: Application Lifecycle Management” whitepaper. You can also watch the Teched North America 2011 Keynote (fast forward to 1:01:00 for Jason’s session).