Monday, November 1 at DevConnections, Dave Mendlen announced that Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 will be available in the next couple of weeks. Feature Pack 2 contains enhanced testing support for Silverlight and Firefox applications along with a UI editor for coded UI tests.
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 brings more advanced platform and tool support for both manual and automated testing scenarios, powered by Visual Studio 2010 Premium, Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, or Visual Studio Test Professional 2010. Now you can test your Silverlight 4 and Firefox applications more thoroughly and have better control over your coded UI tests through an intuitive graphical editor. Feature Pack 2 enables you to expand test coverage of platforms for your applications through world-class tool support.
In particular, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 enables the following scenarios:
- Capture and playback of Action Recordings for Silverlight 4 Applications
- Automated coded UI tests to be written and executed against Silverlight 4 applications
- Ongoing edits to coded UI test projects using a graphical editor
- Fast Forward of action recordings from Microsoft Test Manager for Mozilla Firefox 3.5+
- Automated testing from Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for Mozilla Firefox 3.5+ (playback only).
Feature Pack 2 is a cumulative feature pack where Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 1 (“Visual Studio 2010 Visualization and Modeling Feature Pack”) features are included.
The Visual Studio 2010 Feature Packs landing page will be refreshed on the day it releases. Instructions on how to install Feature Pack 2 as well as how to get started on using Feature Pack 2 features will be added to this page. Existing Feature Pack 1 details will remain on this page. Please direct customers to this landing page for information regarding MSDN Feature Packs in general.