Thx to Brian Keller, I am pleased to announce that the RTM version of the Visual Studio 2010 ALM virtual machine is now available for download. This VM includes RTM bits of Visual Studio 2010, Team Foundation Server 2010, .NET Framework 4, and all related components. This also includes a sample application (Tailspin Toys) and refreshed demo & lab documents.
The sample application we are using in this virtual machine is a simple ASP.NET MVC 2 storefront called Tailspin Toys. Tailspin Toys sells model airplanes and relies on the application lifecycle management capabilities of Visual Studio 2010 to help them build, test, and maintain their storefront.
Hands-on-Labs / Demo Scripts
The 9 hands-on-labs / demo scripts which accompany this virtual machine cover several of the core capabilities of conducting application lifecycle management with Visual Studio 2010. Each document can be used by an individual in a hands-on-lab capacity, to learn how to perform a given set of tasks, or used by a presenter to deliver a demonstration or classroom-style training. 100% of these scenarios target Tailspin Toys to help ensure a consistent storytelling experience.
- Authoring and Running Manual Tests using Microsoft Test Manager 2010
- Introduction to Test Case Management with Microsoft Test Manager 2010
- Introduction to Coded UI Tests with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Debugging with IntelliTrace using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Code Discovery using the architecture tools in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Understanding Class Coupling with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- Using the Architecture Explore in Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate to Analyze Your Code
Software Configuration Management:
- Planning your Projects with Team Foundation Server 2010
- Branching and Merging Visualization with Team Foundation Server 2010
This virtual machine is based on trial software which will expire on December 15, 2010. Another updated virtual machine will be posted before that date.