The report shows a backwards trend in software success:
- 32% Successful (On Time, On Budget, Fully Functional)
- 44% Challenged (Late, Over Budget, And/Or Less than Promised Functionality)
- 24% Failed (Canceled or never used)
So, at the end of the day, we (as an industry) are still failing to successfullly build and deliver application software.
Why ? What are the mains reasons ? I would guess
- Lack of Integrated Tools
- Separation of Business and Technology
- Poor Team Communication
- Tracking, Not Managing
- Either Inflexible or Immature Process
- No balance between Productivity and Predictability
humm, the platform and the technology will not help you being more successfull (If it does, the report should had changed over the last 6, if not 20, years)
Best practices and integrated toolset to support them could help ….