Announcing Microsoft Popfly Alpha
Popfly is the first of a new generation of web tools that enables users of all skill levels to create or edit their own mash-ups for use within applications or to simply spice up their web sites or socials sites.
Popfly Key Messages
· Democratize Development: Popfly enables users of all skill levels to create or edit their own mash-ups, Web pages, or gadgets for use within applications or to simply spice up existing web sites or social sites.
· Easy: You can easily build your first mash-up in minutes using the built-in tutorials and community features to get help fast.
· Social: Popfly provides an online community for all non-professional developers to share their creations ranging from mashups to custom AJAX-applications to Windows projects built with Visual Studio Express.
· Share: Popfly supports publishing creations to Windows Live Spaces, Typepad, any blog engine that supports the MetaWeblog API, and any site that supports <iframes>.
· Popfly is a great example of how Silverlight enables a new generation of Rich Interactive Applications on the Web.
Windows Live and Popfly
Popfly integrates core Windows Live APIs for maps, photos, address books, and blogging into its building model enabling builders and tweakers a quick and easy way to create applications using these services. In addition, Popfly includes 1-click publishing of mashups and Silverlight applications to Windows Live Spaces, further expanding the reach of these creations to the 110+ million Windows Live Spaces users and even provides a built-in block for Spaces users to mashup up the over 4 billion photos on Spaces today.