Congrats to the Popfly team for moving Popfly Game Creator from alpha to Beta and adding a bunch of handy features. For the full rundown, check out the Popfly Team Blog.
Here’s a few of my favorite features
Inserting images into a game
- Alpha (before): You had to manually build XAML and manually upload images for an actor and make sure the URL is
- Beta (after): Native support for adding images to an actor
- Beta (after): No code to play custom sounds
Testing Different Scenes
- Alpha (before): You had to manually play the game to get a scene or add a custom keyboard shortcut to load a scene
- Beta (after): Built-in support for previewing any scene
Customizable actor collisions
- Alpha (before): Your actor “hit box” (the area for actor collisions) was either a square or a circle and you could *not* make it smaller
- Beta (after): You can drag and drop the hit box and make it larger or smaller
All-in-all, lots of good, meaty features for Game Creators.