Soma just broke the news so we can now all talk about it, Visual Studio 2005 has officially RTM'd!
So how can you get the product?
- Subscriber Downloads: If you're an MSDN Subscriber, login and start downloading the RTM version of Visual Studio Team Suite today. This has to be one of the best benefits of being a subscriber...early access to bits 🙂
- Physical "box" Products: Manufacturing can take approximately 6-8 weeks (or more) to get the product complete and into the channel (resellers, Amazon, etc).
- Download Express: The downloadable versions of Visual Studio Express will be made available on November 7th 2005.
- Localized Products: The localization teams are working hard on getting localized versions of Visual Studio out over the next coming weeks and months. Visual Studio is localized into Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish.
Updating MSDN for Launch - You may notice that http://msdn.microsoft.com isn't fully updated for the RTM product. The site content is being revamped for launch and will go live on the official launch date, November 7th 2005.
* RTM: Release To Manufacturing