After some really tough judging, we officially have the Summer of Express contest winners! There were some awesome applications in the C# category, I was really impressed by the work and level of effort put in by all the entrants. You can download the projects on Channel9’s Express Page.
- Visual Basic Express Edition – Exercise-it
- Visual C# Express Edition – Peg Games
- Visual C++ Express Edition – Voxygen Rendering Engine
- Visual J# Express Edition – Windows of Love
- Visual Web Developer Express Edition – Media Tracker
- SQL Server Express Express Edition – Media Tracker
We definitely want to do this contest again, but we’re thinking about changing things up and wanted to get your feedback on what makes a good contest. Here’s what I’ve been thinking
- Get Better prizes – This one requires a good amount of legal work far ahead of the contest, but it is doable
- Have prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd for a given category – I wish I could’ve given prizes to the top 5 C# entries 🙂
- Change the categories – Rather then be product focused, I would imagine categories like – Best Game, Best productivity tool, Best utility, Best use of the network, Best use of SQL Server, Best Web app
What do you think makes a good contest?