Delphi to C# conversion tool


Source: http://www.netcoole.com/delphi2cs.htm


“Delphi2CS is an assistant tool that converts Delphi code to C#.  Delphi2CS creates a new project, converts each file from the original project(.dpr) into the new project(.csproj), and generates a report detailing what was done. After your project is converted, Delphi2CS inserts comments into your C# code alerting you to statement that will need to be changed.”

Comments (12)

  1. Eric Engler says:

    This is a good website – they show a lot of the Delphi routines that have C# counterparts. However, most of the Delphi routines don’t map 1-for-1 to C#, and this tool doesn’t include any custom C# functions to mimic their Delphi counterparts. I think this type of project would be better as an open source project where lots of people could contribute useful functions to help ease migration of existing Delphi code. The amount of work needed is too much for one company to handle alone, unless they’re Microsoft!

  2. Vladimir says:

    I can’t open url. Can somebody send me this application?

  3. Andrea Vallejo says:

    Ya voy a probar esta herramienta

  4. Apostle says:

    Please somebody comment , wheather this tool for converting delphi to c# is working fine or not  …  what is the general success rate …

  5. JB says:

    I don’t know about the above product, but TurnSharp (turnsharp.com) works great.  Good free trial and great conversion results.  Still leaves some work to be done, of course, but it eliminates 95% of the conversion.  Very nice.

  6. John Braga says:

    I dont understand the above recommendation for Turnsharp (unless it was written by the Turnsharp authors?!)  I cannot get either Turnsharp or Delph2CS evaluation versions to produce enough reasonable code to warrant purchase worthwhile.  I suspect the task is too much for either of them.

  7. NotATurnsharpEmployee says:

    In reply to John Braga who wrote: ‘I cannot get … Turnsharp … evaluation versions to produce enough reasonable code …’

    And you won’t:)… unless your Delphi project is really primitive and uses a very basic subset of standard keywords/UI elements. You are doomed if your project, for example, uses graphics, such as TChart, TCanvas, etc. Graphics engine in .NET is different, as you are certainly aware, and there is no way to ‘map’ a TChart keyword to any standard .NET Framework class. The bad thing is that chances are that more than 90% of your code is standard keywords, so they’ll keep their conversion rate guarantee, but the rest 10% will require some brain-intensive refactoring and/or redesign that would most probably invalidate much of the converted 90%. Look at their product history page and you’ll see that they are still working on the most basic issues.

  8. Kaps says:

    Help required.

    I am looking for feedback from people who have used Delphi2Cs tool. Is it worthwhile to use migration tool or better code from scratch in C#.

    Thanks in advance,

    Kaps

  9. Hari Pratap Singh says:

    Hello

    I have used this tool to convert delphi program to C#. For usual syntax and class conversion its ok. but what about VCL data classes. I think you may reduce your work by 25% and increase the code understanding load by 50%

    Although price is cheap i have purchased in INR 8000/-

    Hari