Movieokie

Fox News (via Slashdot) has coverage on Movieokie – the idea with Movieokie is just like Karoake, except rather then singing a song, you act out your favorite movie scene.  I *love* this idea, in fact Prashant, a fellow ‘softie, said he was interested in opening up a Movieokie place in Seattle [Aside: If I ever open a bar in a geek-town like Seattle, I would name it “Foo“]. Below is a list of classic scenes I would love to act out:

• Benicio Del Toro in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (the elevator scene)

• Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction (Army “debrief“)

• Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction (“Say what again“ scene)

• Mel Gibson in Braveheart (Pre-battle speech scene)

• Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross (ABC scene)

• Jamie Kennedy in Scream (moviestore scene)

• Steve Buscemi in Reservoir Dogs (“you kids shouldn’t play so rough“ scene)

• Michael Madsen in Reservoir Dogs (any scene)

• Jeff Bridges in Big Lebowski (“the carpet really made the room” scene)

• Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse Now (boat arrival scene)

• Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now (Napalm speech scene)

and of course Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men – “You can’t handle the truth“ scene

What scene would you want to do?

1. Julie Lerman says:

hands down is Jack Nicholson as the devil, doing the "WOMEN!" monologue in The Witches of Eastwick.

2. TJ says:

Drill Sgt Hartmans intro to the pukes in Full Metal Jacket

3. Olle de Zwart says:

Allot of Al Pacino scenes

4. Michael Sparks says:

South Park episode 501, "Scott Tenorman Must Die" the final scene (Cartman: "I made you eat your parents").

5. Dan,

Having seen you (and Prashant for that matter), I get the feeling that you would be perfectly suited to play any role that John Cusak has played.

– Nick

6. theCoach says:

Miller’s Crossing – Ethics speech. Actually, anything from the movie ("I have friendlier places to drink")

7. Scott Allen says:

Various Edward Norton bits from Fight Club and 25th Hour. Well, except for the ones where he gets beaten up.

8. J Donnici says:

I loved your list… we have very similar tastes in movies and scenes. To your list, I’d add:

Kevin Spacey in American Beauty (telling his wife about the new hot rod)

Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction (cleaning the car "I’m a mushroom-cloud layin…")

Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction (explaining to Vincent/Jules why he’s "curt with them")

Russel Crowe in Gladiator (when the Emperor realizes he’s the man in the mask)

Russel Crowe in Gladiator (pre-battle speech that opens the movie)

Ray Liotta in Goodfellas (the "always wanted to be a wiseguy" speec that opens the movie)

Robert DeNiro in Godfather II (when the landlord comes back, hat in hand

… come to think of it, any DeNiro scene.

9. Personally I favor Viggo Mortensen’s "Never seen a wild thing sorry for itself" rant from G.I. Jane.

10. Or any scene of Brad Pitt’s in 12 Monkeys…

11. Sean Chase says:

Sgt Hartman from Full Metal Jacket ++

12. Lots of great suggestions, it looks like people that read my blog have the same taste that I do 🙂

The only ones I wasn’t sure abouto where the two I hadn’t seen, the Witches of Eastwick and GI Jane. For Nick’s point, I would probably do Better Off Dead for my John Cusack role, and that made me think of a couple more too:

– Finster in Usual Suspects

– Any character in Airplane

– "Frank-the-Tank" and Vince Vaughn in Old School

– Vince Vaughn in Swingers

13. MovieOKE was you could kind of say was done years ago in The Professional (Leon) with Jean Reno & Natalie Portman taking turns guessing characters and lines from a movie or person…..

Just maybe….

From a Luc Besson Fan

Cheers,

Stephen

14. John says:

The intro of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when Johnny Depp is rambling on about seeing bats and the list of drugs he and Dr. Gonzo needed for their trip.

15. Sandy says:

Any Mel Brooks movie would do just fine!!!

16. Shankar C says:

I would like to do the part of Tom hanks, where he walks away from the airport "Viktor’s leaving scene" in the movie The Terminal and Mr. Thurman gives Tom his jacket, saying "its snowing in the city, you might need this". The camera by januz which walks along with Tom out of the airport, WOW. Music by John which intensifies itself adding value to the scene, WOW. And whe Viktor comes out at the other end, the bustle of Newyork city, WOW. (Well i have never been out of India, thats apart).

But i would love to do the scene when it comes to movieokie.