Who has the most Google blocks?

As most of you probably know, companies like Google, Yahoo, and MSN have created their own Internet Explorer toolbars with added functionality.  Besides integrated search, one of the most used features is blocking pop-ups, an overdue feature for Internet Explorer.

My question to all of you is: How many pop-ups have you blocked?
I recently rebuilt my machine, but I’m already up to 369 blocks.  Mr. Keller has over 1,100.  How many do you have?

Aside: Many of you are probably asking why doesn’t IE have this, and the good news is that it will with Windows XP SP2.  More details at Ars Technica including screenshots on ICF improvements, wireless UI, and blocking IE pop-ups.

1. Roy says:

The MSN Search toolbar for IE has a pop-up blocker. I’m up to 230…

2. nathan says:

893 on my wife’s computer.

3. Louis Parks says:

I’ve got 641 with the Google toolbar.

4. Lonnie McCullough says:

I’ve got 1016 with the Google toolbar, but I rebuilt my machine a couple of months ago so I should really have more like 1500. Ahhh…I miss those old blocks.

5. I’ve got 2295. I visit several sites daily that have pop-unders on every page.

6. Ben Dover says:

%SystemRoot%system32driversetchosts is your friend and one every corporate policy should use to block servers.

7. I don’t run the toolbar for too long, but I got exactly 1032 right now. Could have been more if Google toolbar could prevent popups on site exit.

8. Ben Dover says:

If you get that many I would check ur system for adware etc or wth are you doing surfing that many pages.

9. Catatonic says:

Just over 1,700 in about six months. That’s maybe one hour of my life that I didn’t have to spend clicking on close buttons.

10. Ervin Jakab says:

I have 2107, after using it for a few months. No adware on my system, just too much surfing. 🙂

11. Hans Jergen Ohff says:

I got 1337 – I think its a sign.

12. Ervin, you’re the currently the leader 🙂

13. Bryan says:

Hi, I’m not sure how many months i’ve seen using the google toolbar but I as of right now I have 5,697 blocks.

That’ll save my fingers/knuckles some grief.

14. We have a new winner with 5,697 blocks! That’s pretty crazy, let me know what happens when you hit 10,000 or 100,000 as I’m curious if the "odometer" will reset to 0 at some point.

15. Catatonic says:

I set the registry value to 0x7FFFFFFF. The toolbar displayed 2147483647. Then I went to a site with a popup, and it increased to 0x80000000 which displayed as negative 2147483648. I think this counts as a bug that nobody cares about.

So then I tried 0xFFFFFFFF, which displayed as negative 1 as expected. The next popup changed the display to 0, but it actually deleted the registry value instead of just setting it to 0. Then the next popup created the registry key again and set it to 1.

16. James says:

I have no idea why people think popup-blocking in IE is a good thing. The technically literate have always been able to use a third-party tool (such as the Google Bar), or install a better browser (standards-based, with better privacy options and fewer exploits).

Bringing pop-up blocking to the masses merely means that advertisers will find a new way to get their message to the 95% of people they reach; probably something annoying and flash-based.

17. Praveen Konda says:

I have 928 blocks. This is new count since I reinstalled google tool bar recenty. Toolbar works most of the time, how ever there are times it won’t work

18. Bill says:

I have 10,095 Google blocks as of 6.6.5.

19. Jaja says:

I’m using the toolbar for about a year, and it has blocked 243,754 popups now.

20. Vinny says:

My google toolbar shows 813,295 blocked!!!! almost a million pop-ups!!! I still cant believe theres that many, and no, no spyare or other infections, just a lot of surfing!

21. sayyad says:

can we see a pic of these crazy high ones?

22. sayyad says:

i have 2759 by the way

23. Vinny says:

Here ya go….

No jokes…I have been running the toolbar for about 9 months now on this machine. It is behind a NAT box, and aside from other things, it gets scanned 2x week for adware, spyware, etc. I didnt really notice the count being this high until recently, so it could be a glitch in the code, but then again, I never really kept track of how many pop-ups I [it] had blocked….

24. Jaja says:

Screenshot of almost 250,000 blocks.

I think I’m spending far too much time on the internet… 😛

25. Jake says:

How do you clear Google Block count?