Web Messenger is very cool!

MSN Web Messenger is now online at http://webmessenger.msn.com (okay, it's been online for a while, I'm a little behind). They did an amazing job on it, the UI is much like the rich client. It's very handy if you are on someone else's computer or can't use Messenger because of proxy/firewall issues.

1. Corentin says:

Safari and OmniWeb give me "Your web browser is not supported by this version of MSN Web Messenger." :-<

One more reason for me to stick to iChat…

Corentin

2. Dan Crevier says:

Or you could use Mac Messenger if you don’t need a web client and are on the Mac and want to use the Messenger network. I know you have it on your machine, Corentin 🙂

3. Uwe Keim says:

But it works with FireFox. Well done! 🙂

4. Corentin says:

I have MSN Messenger for Mac but that’s not the point… I thought the purpose of this page was to grant people access to the MSN Messenger network even when their firewall had the required ports shut off :->

5. Dan Crevier says:

iChat won’t help you there either. You might try FireFox as mentioned above.

6. Corentin says:

>iChat won’t help you there either.

iChat uses ports that are not blocked on my network…

7. Corentin says:

>You might try FireFox as mentioned above.

You are right Dan I can definitively do that. It’s just that I hate it when a server locks me out because I’m not using some specific feature it likes. As far as I am concerned, if servers such as this one were W3C compliant, there wouldn’t be any need for browser check.

Additionally I also tried it in FireFox, Mozilla, Opera, iCab and even IE on my Mac and got the same warning (not supported).

I can connect through OmniWeb pretending to be Netscape, but even though I get one step further I never get to the actual Messenger page.

8. sweet friend says:

is there a way to unblock msn web messenger frm the computer iam using

Skip to main content