It’s here! It’s finally here! This is the second feature pack update for Visual Studio which includes new testing features and code visualization & modeling features. But more importantly, CODE UI TESTING FOR SILVERLIGHT 4 APPLICATION!
Let’s hear it. All together now…Huzzah. Huzzah! HUZZAH!
The Testing Features include:
- Test Manager can now capture and playback action recordings for Silverlight 4 (SL4) applications
- Create coded UI tests for SL4 applications with VS 2010 Premium or Ultimate
- Edit coded UI tests using a graphical editor with VS 2010 Premium or Ultimate
- Action recordings for Fast Forward now supports Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and 3.6
- Run coded UI tests for web applications using Mozilla Firefox 3.5 and 3.6 with VS 2010 Premium or Ultimate
Code visualization and modeling features (requires VS 2010 Ultimate):
- Use the Generate Code command to generate skeleton code from elements on UML class diagrams. You can use the default transformations, or you can write custom transformations to translate UML types into code.
- Create UML class diagrams from existing code.
- Explore the organization and relationships in C, C++, and ASP.NET projects by generating dependency graphs.
- Import elements from UML sequence diagrams, class diagrams, and use case diagrams as XMI 2.1 files that are exported from other modeling tools.
- Create links and view links from work items to model elements.
- Create layer diagrams from C or C++ code and validate dependencies.
- Write code to modify layer diagrams and to validate code against layer diagrams.
Like the previous feature pack, this pack only applies to VS 2010 Premium, Ultimate, and Test Professional.
Definitely worth checking it out.