All clients lose connection to the AOS Server. If the Axapta AOS or client process crashes for any reason, it is recommended to create a crash dump, of the failing process.
Here are the steps to do so:
- Download the Microsoft debugging tools, from here:
The 64-bit Version is available here:
- Install the debugging tools on the problem machine.
- Switch to the install folder of the debugging tools using the command line.
- Attach the tracing tool(adplus) to the crashing process.
- Use the following command line options to attach the debugger.
adplus –crash –pn ax32.exe
adplus –crash –pn ax32serv.exe
adplus –crash –p <PID>
To enable the Process ID, go to Task Manager\View\Select Columns…
PID (Process Identifier)
- Now the tracing tool is active and should generate a crash dump, once the process crashes.
- You will find the dump file in the installation folder of the debugging tools.
- A correct crash dump file should look like this:
Please focus on the 2nd_chance in the title. Please reattach the tracing tool again in case you get only 1st_chance exception, or just a log file(has a *.log extension).
- Once you have created a second chance crash dump file, send it to the Microsoft MBS support to get the file analyzed in detail.