I am a beautiful unique snowflake (and you aren’t)

So how many of you can search for your name on google and have it show up as the first hit?  I can do it with my last name, and i’m pretty high up there with my first.  Eventually i will become the most important “Cyrus” out there as far as google is concerned (and really, does anything else matter).  And all the “Billy Ray”‘s and email servers can realize that they’re all just Cyrus wannabes.

1. Dario Fruk says:

"posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:11 AM"

Too much coffee yesterday? 🙂

2. DrPizza says:

There’s also the SASL implementation.

But you’re not even unique at Ars http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/6330927813/m/458001542731.

3. Sam Jost says:

When I search for my full name in parantheses ("Sam Jost") every link on the first page is related to me.

A coworker of mine is even better, when he enters his last name into google *every* page found is him or one of his sisters. *thats* unique.

Sam

4. Radu Grigore says:

I can do it with my handle: rgrig.

5. I just checked, I am first Chaniewski and 55 Michal on Google 🙂 And this is pretty nice, as Michal is one of the most popular polish names…

Kind regards,

Michal 🙂

6. Nick says:

Well.. with my first and last name together I’m the #1 hit. With just my last name… I’m so far burried it’s not even funny. Some guy named Albert Schweitzer keeps jumping to the top of the list. Honestly… could that guy have been that important? 😉

7. I come up #1 for my last name and my first/last combo. But not for just first. It helps when you own (your last name).com.

8. Prathiraj says:

Try my name, it’s only me on the web 🙂

9. Brian Schkerke says:

Put my last name in and every hit is me until page 5 or so, then you get a few on my family. 🙂

10. Jeff Atwood says:

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.

11. number 1 for first/last, and number 8 for just my first :-). it’s the ‘y’ that does it…

12. Ariel Raunstien says:

Number one on the last (plus – google thinks I’ve misspelled my name. Can it get any better?)

13. asfasdf says:

很多人准备独自创业时,碰到的第一问题就是资金,针对个人创业初期资金短缺这一现状,深圳多家银行推出[url=http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/47128944010000el]创业[/url]贷款,帮助初始创业的人“圆梦”,目前深圳的中行、工行等多家银行就开展了这项服务。贷款额最高达300万

中青凡想创业项目评估活动推出2005年10月28日,由中青在线和北京凡想人创业咨询服务有限公司联合推出的“中青凡想[url=http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/4712898b01000096]创业项目[/url]评估”活动正式启动。六位具有不同理论、专业背景和创业实战经验的专家,就室内装修环保检测及污染治理、学生英语学习机

[url=http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/471289d0010000du]小本创业项目[/url]少小老板难“孵化”市南岗区的王师傅失业快三年了,本想拿着一万多元补偿金干点啥,可一直难寻适合自己的创业项目。2004年初,他看到一家木业公司征代理点,在工厂时就做木工活的王师傅心想自己投点钱,还能做自己喜欢的事,挺适合自己