Symphony of the Night

I’m sitting here at the company meeting.  Slightly bored.  MS MS MS, yadda yadda yadda.  So I’m playing through video games that I loved in my head.  I was on to castlevania when I realized how much I wanted to hear the soundtrack to that game again.  Searching… searching… searching…  No luck 🙁

A-ha, a little investigation reveals something interesting.  Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was not actually called “Castlevania: Symphony of the Night”.  It was called Dracula X!  OMG.   It’s my lucky day and amazon is my savior.  Slightly expensive, but that’s what the “used & new” options are for.

I’ve heard symphonic versions of many VG soundtracks before (FF being the most noticible), does anyone have any suggestions for some amazing original (or remixed) versions out there?

1. larry says: is a video game cover band.

2. Dave says:

Be careful you get the right soundtrack – there were 2 Dracula X games. The first one, Dracula X: Chi no Rondo was only released in Japan for the NEC PC-Engine, and is widely regarded as the best Castlevania ever made. Our "Symphony of the Night", (alternatively known as "Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight" in Japan) is actually the direct sequel to this older Dracula X, which featured Richter Belmont as the main character.

3. Dave says:

Also, if you don’t already know about it, is an excellent place for remixed game music.

4. Jim Bolla says:

Game Over ( and Machinae Supremacy ( are two video game inspired metal/rock bands.

5. Alexander Neumann says:

Cyrus – you are right. Symphony of the night has a great soundtrack.

Some other good ones I would recommend:

-Resident Evil Orchestra Album performed by The New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra

-Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker – Original Sound Tracks

-Metroid Prime & Fusion Original Soundtracks

-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Original Soundtrack

6. I think the original NES Metroid music was the best videogame music ever written.

7. technostan says:

I’m a huge VG music fan (the number of albums I have probably exceed the number of non VG music cds..=p)

In addition to SOTN, Here are some other albums I really like:

Any of the Final Fantasy Soundtracks (most have a OST, Orchestrated and a Piano version + some other versions)

Chrono Trigger

Parasite Eve

Super Metroid

Estopolis (Lufia I & II) – This was a great SNES RPG with awesome music

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time OST

For sites, in addition to the ones above, I’d add and

anyone that likes mario might like this video:

8. Todd says:

Metroid Metal. Simply the best rock/metal covers of Metroid songs out there. The final remix from the original NES Metroid was finished earlier this month.

9. crazy says:

Chrono Cross and Xenogears have very good soundtracks.

10. Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh. You guys all rock. I will be ordering some stuff quite soon 🙂

11. There’s a Commodore 64 remix scene too: are a C64 cover band. sell audio CDs.

12. yanglove(CHINA) says:

hello,I love CastleVania Sotn well much.

I’m a Chinese.

Could you give me a adress to download "ps sotn(us)’s iso ? Our Country cannot find …

My English is poor, don’t largh at me ,^_^