What direction do you point?

Fu-zu showed me a pretty cool site called PoliticalCompass.org.  It came as no surprise to any of my friends that here’s where I sit:

The Political Compass.  5 points to the left, 8 points libertarian

I’m going to put this up on my door so that if anyone wants someone to argue with, or someone to agree with their views, they know where I stand 🙂

What’s interesting is that they also place a whole lot of famous figures on the map as well, and currently I’m closest to the Dalai Llama and far far away from Bush (surprise surprise).

Ok, that’s about as much political jonx I’m going to subject you to anyways.  Now back to bask in the tanning rays of my monitors.

1. Naginata says:

I ended up in the lower right quadrant. No major political leaders are even close to me. I suppose I’m a combination of Dubya and The Dalai Lama…

I guess I should be concerned, or something 🙂

Economic Left/Right: 6.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

2. Scott says:

You know the best thing about that test. You can reverse engineer it and come out wherever you want.

3. So, I can now re-define myself as a bottom lefter.

peter

4. Scott: you could. But what would be the point?

5. Radu Grigore says:

Cyrus, you are an anarchist!

6. Radu: Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Don’t say that too loud, _they_ might come to get me.

7. Steve Carroll says:

not to spoil the fun, but if i recall correctly, that test is pretty much a libertarian recruiting tool. The questions are stacked so that basically any reasonable person comes up as a libertarian and then you are supposed to go "Wow! I’m a libertarian and i didn’t even know it. I should learn more about it". (I actually consider myself something of a libertarian, so maybe i shouldn’t give away the game.)

steve carroll

8. Steve: I have friends who didn’t turn up libertarian…

What kind of sick freaks are they then??

9. Steve: I have friends who didn’t turn up libertarian…

What kind of sick freak are they then??

10. Steve Carroll says:

hehehe. Perhaps I should have said "the test is rigged to produce a high number of libertarian outcomes relative to their actual distribution in the population," but I thought that lacked a certain rhetorical snap, crackle and pop.

As far as your friends go, well…. some people really really like controlling what other people can do. 😉

11. jaybaz [MS] says:

I win!

Economic Left/Right: -8.62

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.62

Basically, I think Ghandi was a moderate conservative.

12. Scott says:

Cyrus: you could. But what would be the point?

The same reason people die trying to climb Mt. Rainier. Because it’s there!

13. Cy: Your score reminds me of a bumpersticker I saw yesterday.

I’m Libertarian: I’m Pro-Choice on *Everything*!

14. Ha: That’s as good as "I’m intolerant of intelerance" 🙂

15. Bob says:

I have zero tolerance for zero tolerance.