Damn slacking developers

It’s amazing how little the developers work around here.  All i see around me are people making excuses in order to get out of a little work.

Take Shon for example.  Never gets anything done.  What’s his excuse this time? “I have a baby.”  Well boohoo.  What about his other baby, the C# compiler??

Then there’s Biliana.  Leaving to go to some other country for a few weeks.  She wants to spend time with family, or something equally unimportant.  Doesn’t she realize that we’re her family now?

Finally, there’s Rami.  He wanted to get out of work so badly he switched to another team.  Sure he’d been with this team for 5 years (longer than I’ve ever spent at anything in my life), but anyone unwilling to put in at least 10 years toward this product… well, they’re just not a team player.

Well, I hope the powers that be are paying attention and realizing who does the real work around here.

1. Vince Pacella says:

Well if it’s any consolation, I’m still working. It’s 01:51 CDT. And I dont even work for a tech company.

2. Salman says:

What about your other baby, the C# compiler? hehe… nice one.

3. Neil Cowburn says:

Thanks for this! It brightened my whole day. All I can say is I totally empathize with you.

4. When I was out there for the MVP summit, I asked Scott Nonenburg (sp) to show me a developer at MS. The reason I had asked is because I have NEVER, EVER seen anyone WRITING CODE at MS in all the times I had been there before that.

Fortunately, he showed me one. However, I was dubious, because the code he was working on was for notepad.exe…

5. James says:

Damn all those people who should be developing but instead are spending too much time reading and writing blog entries.

6. fuzu says:

Yeah, and what about that Cyrus guy? Taking days off to see his mother, and only working one day during the week, when a certain asian and an italian mob member came to visit…

7. Matt says:

Thanks for pointing out all the effort I’ve put in.

8. Cyrus is a machine. He needs no vacation. Just the occasional break to get his fluids replenished.

9. damien morton says:

Happy endings dont count as replenishment….

Skip to main content