Braces again.

I seem to have two sets of people reading my blog – the people who know me from web work, and those who found this blog because I’ve occasionally posted about getting braces on my teeth in my mid-30s.  This post is for the latter.

Danielle – in my experience, the pain (at least, the “I don’t even want to eat” pain) goes away after a few days – maybe a week the first time, and re-occurs for a couple of days after every time I get my braces adjusted.

My appointment yesterday was good – because I continue to get the “your teeth are doing great, everything’s moving along really well” – and bad, because I got rubber bands.  I have a slight underbite – this was part of the teeth-wearing problem to begin with – and rather than having jaw surgery (eek!), I now have bands that pull my lower jaw back.  They’re rather uncomfortable, but I’ve only had them for 24 hours so far.  We’ll see how they are next week.

They are helping my diet, though, because it’s hard to eat without taking them out, and a bit of a pain to put them back in – so I don’t snack as much.  🙂

-C

1. Laurent says:

Ok, so having brace do have an advantage. Not bad ^^. Hey, maybe we could use this tricks to fight against obesity! Just put some kind of brace where Bigmac always get stuck in the mouth of overweight people. It could actually work 🙂 .

2. Uwe says:

I had braces when I was 15 or so, too. Now, being 34, I still dream from time to time of having braces again. Fortunately I usually do wake up before the pain comes up, again 🙂

3. connie says:

Hi,

I’m a high school student and i found your post while browsing. I had braces when i was 11 and my teeth have already shifted during the 2 years i have had them off. I am considering getting braces again this year as a rising senior in high school. I fear that my teeth will shift again once I finish treatment, and financially i do not know if it is worth it. Would you recommend going through the process again?

thanks,

connie

4. Webdesign says:

Hi,

thanks,

5. bilgi yarışması says:

6. Beth says:

So, I was in the first category of readers, but you caught my eye with this post. As I sit here in braces for 3 years in my 30’s. Good to know I’m not the only web person with braces 😉

7. medyum says:

I had braces when I was 15 or so, too. Now, being 34, I still dream from time to time of having braces again. Fortunately I usually do wake up before the pain comes up, again….

8. medyum says:

hello

9. medyum says:

Hi,

thanks,

connie

10. medyum says:

Hi,

thanks,

connie

11. Kurumsal Kimlik says:

My answer is available here http://www.nanorator.com