Back from the Holidays.

I’ve been pretty absent for a while from my blog.  Sorry about that; I have a bunch of things buffered up to talk about, though, so I’ll probably post quite a bit more in the next few days.

My New Year’s resolutions:

1) Be 20% more funky.  I’m pretty funky, but I could probably stand to be funkier. [Bonus points to the first person who correctly identifies my source for that, and no, Google won’t help you.]
2) Dive more.
3) Be more organized and deliberate in my work.
4) Blog a lot more.  I think I don’t understand why anyone might care, so it seems conceited to post my thoughts or what I’m working on, but I recognize that it’s a source of information from the Borg.
5) Lose weight.  Sigh.  I gained a bit last year, from stress.

1. mutt10R says:

James Brown, God rest his funky soul.

2. You said it.  Ah!  I feel good!  I’m glad you do now, James.

3. (but no, that’s not the source.  The word in the original quote isn’t "funky", or even related to "funky".  And no, it’s not a curse word either.)

4. Mike O. says:

It sounds like something from "The Simpsons" but I can’t put down the exact episode or character so I’m guessing not.

5. Mike O. says:

OK, I think I got it. Thank God because it would have bothered me like you wouldn’t believe. The episode is "Hurricane Neddy" and Ned says "I’m meek, but I could probably stand to be meeker". Did I get it?!

6. Tweks says: