Albatross! Albatross!

In honor of John C. Dvorak’s wildly misled article comparing Internet Explorer to a dead albatross, I decided it was time for a name change.

Two choc-ices, pleaseAlbatross!

1. Glazblog says:

A few days ago, I wrote "the guys working [at Microsoft] do have fun – I know quite a bunch of people there – and they’re probably laughing at Dvorak today".

Well… Confirmed today :-)…

2. funTomas says:

Avian flue. Yeah, you’d better swap the picture with something found here:

I definitely agree with J.C.Dvorak, that the whole IE development has gone a wrong way.

3. PatriotB says:

He also talks about it being a "blunder" that IE was "linked" into the OS; with IE7, the "integration" with Windows seems to be largely dissolved.  It’s still a Windows component, but a largely independent one.  IE7 could be removed without effecting the Windows Shell one bit.

But he is wrong overall.  I’m glad to see IE being a focus of MS again.  Plus, Protected Mode in Vista will essentially eliminate the security issues he brings up.

4. trmadol says:

I always have terrible trouble with comment-related plugins that require me to put some line in the comment loop; I can never seem to find the right spot. Can anyone tell me where I should put the php line in my comments loop? I haven not modified anything much, and I would be very grateful. Thanks!

5. bilgi yarışması says:

6. LFERC says:

7. Interestingly, Dvorak *was* right about some things.  He suggested that MS "discontinue all IE development"–which it seems that MS really did do for many years, until the IE7 resurgance.

8. Medyum says:

9. medyum says:

10. medyum says:

Thank you for the helping Info.