Excel Services Compatibility Checker Download Page

Version 0.1.914.0

Add ability to fix external references + allow finer control over what checks are done. See the post for more information.

Version 0.1.904.0

Fix the issue of External References not being located. See the post for more information.

Version 0.1.816.0

Now checking for protected chart-sheets as well. See the post for more information.

Version 0.1.731.0

Added another check – for invalid characters.  See the post for more information.

Version 0.1.0.0

Initial release. See the post about it for information.

EsccSetup.msi

1. I added a new check to the compatibility checker – it now knows how to look for illegal characters –

2. sherder says:

This is an excellent server tool!

3. Deanna McNeil says:

Is it possible that this checker will show that IRM is turned on when in fact it is not? I am seeing that with a blank Excel spreadsheet. However, I am also experiencing issues with Excel services in SharePoint (access denied errors).

4. Shahar says:

It is possible, but w/o a repro case, I can’t know. Please use the contact option on my blog to send me a private message – I will reply and you can attach the file and send it to me.

Also, w/o more information, I can’t help with the ExcelServices access denied issues (you can also try the forums)

5. Tony says:

Did Deanna’s problem get resolved?  The tool says that my file has a permissions issue (IRM), as well.

6. JMSAM says:

Great idea!!  It’d be included at MOSS kit.

Thanks for do it and share it!

7. Marco Russo says:

Grazie a una richiesta di un partecipante della SharePoint Conference , ho cercato e trovato un utile

8. I just found this useful Add-In for Excel 2007 that checks the compatibility of a spreadsheet for Excel

9. Adi says:

If it will do what i’m hopping then this will save me hours of debugging

10. Hi all, It is amazing how EXCEL SERIVECES has become a major technology for departmental BI capability

11. Roy Higgs says:

I ran the compability checker on an xlsx file and it passed, but I still get the

external references (links to other workbooks)

error on the server so it must not yet be finding everything that excel services breaks on.

12. Shahar says:

Roy,

Please use the contact feature to send me an email – I will reply and then you can send me the workbook.

13. Kerrie says:

I ran the compability checker on an xlsx file and it fixed the table I had in there, I deployed it and it worked great. Left Friday very happy. Today, Monday, checked it, still working, and then notice that I spelled something wrong. Redeployed and now I am getting…External data ranges (also called query tables)…re ran the check tool and it is not finding any problems. Redeployed and I still get External data ranges (also called query tables). I ran the repair on the tool, did not fix it. Then did a uninstall/re install on the tool, did not fix it. What am I doing wrong? Everything was perfect on Friday.

14. Shahar says:

Not really sure Kerrie,

Can you contact me via the blog? I will reply and then you can send me the workbook.

15. Zdenka says:

Hi

I installed the ESCC and it worked well.

Currently I experiencing that it is disbaled in Excel Add-ins and once I check to enable the addin in the COM-addin manager nothing happend. It is still disabled.

Do you have any idea how to enable the add-in?

I tried repair the installation, remove and install again.

Zdenka

16. Sara says:

I can’t get the add-in to add to Excel.  Any tips?

17. Daniel says:

Hi!

I have installed this msi file, but after i can not see the new ribbon (and i can not use the checker). :( What did i wrong?

18. Sue says:

This installed worked wonderfully! I have been spending alot of time trying to figure out why my workbooks wouldn’t view in SharePoint and this is a life saver! Thanks!

19. John Samford says:

Thanks so much for this tool! It suggested I had an "IRM" error which I tracked down to having created my .xlsx file on a shared drive from which I tried to directly check into SharePoint. It turns out that copying it briefly onto my local machine and THEN checking in fixed the problem.

And last week I couldn't even spell "IRM!"

20. TC Cupit says:

I've got a file that the checker seems to be choking on.  It never finishes nor preoduces a report. The file is 2Mb in size and has several tabs with formulas.

Are there known limitations to the checker that I can check to see if the file is exceeding?

Thanks,

TC

21. Gita Mooney says:

unable to active the addin.  It is not in my disabled addins.  When I try to check it, it says "Not Loaded.  A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in"  Please help?

gita.mooney@gmail.com

22. Gita Mooney says:

I posted this back in August 19th.  Please respond.

gita.mooney@gmail.com