A lot of you guys have heard about the new features that will be available through Windows Mobile 6.5. Now you can start developing and testing for this version with the new Windows Mobile 6.5 Developer Toolkit, which is available for download now: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=20686a1d-97a8-4f80-bc6a-ae010e085a6e.
The Windows Mobile 6.5 Developer Toolkit includes the following:
- Emulator images for the following SKUs:
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional Square Emulator
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional QVGA Emulator
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional WQVGA Emulator
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional VGA Emulator
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional WVGA Emulator
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard Square Emulator
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Standard QVGA Emulator
- Emulator images are available for the following locales:
- 0804 CHS Chinese Simplified
- 0409 USA English
- 0407 GER German
- 040c FRA French
- 0410 ITA Italian
- 0c0a ESN Spanish
- A new native Gesture API which enables applications to handle touch gesture input (this API is available for Windows Mobile Classic and Professional SKUs only).
- Documentation and header files
To use the Windows Mobile 6.5 Toolkit you will also need to install the Windows Mobile 6 SDK.