Today, I introduce PowerShell script samples.
How to download the sample
1. Go to https://github.com/seanmcne/Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell.Samples
2. Click “Download ZIP” on the left side.
3. Save and extract it.
4. Go to Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell.Samples folder in extracted folder.
5. Each folder is a sample. We provide 6 samples now, but we will keep adding them.
So, how you find detail information for each samples?
Each sample contains README.md but it is for GitHub. So go to GitHub directory to see the detail explanation.
For example, if you want to see readme of AddCrmOLUsersFromCSV sample, then:
1. Go to sample directory. https://github.com/seanmcne/Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell.Samples
2. Select Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell…. link
3. Click AddCrmOLUsersFromCSV folder.
4. You see the README.md in nice format.
What kind of samples are available today?
[Three pattern of adding CRM User]
This is useful to automate CRM User creations for initial setup as well as daily operation.
This shows how to run functions against multiple CRM organization in a script. For example, to get some data from an org, and create them to another.
[Provision CRM Language]
This sample explains how to provision and de-provision Languages in CRM. This is useful especially when you de-provision and re-provision Language pack as it stores current user language UI settings and restore them after you re-provision the Language.
[Update CRM User settings]
This sample explains how to update CRM User settings. This is useful when you need to update hundreds of CRM Users to have same settings or even cross CRM organizations.
If you have good idea of samples, or find any bugs for the sample, please post them from here.
I hope you enjoy the PowerShell automation!
Premier Mission Critical/Premier Field Engineer