After getting feedback from the community, we decided to move our Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell hosting site from IT Gallery to GitHub.
Issues (Q&A) https://github.com/seanmcne/Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell/issues
All the related samples are hosted below
What does this mean?
This benefits our project in many ways:
With GitHub, you can see all the release builds and source code. We strongly recommend you to get the latest though.
See the latest and greatest code
We release the module relatively often, but if you want to get the latest, then you can simply grab the code from master branch.
1. Go to https://github.com/seanmcne/Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell.
2. Click Download ZIP button on left side.
3. Extract the files and replace psm1 and psd1 files.
We communicate with you in Q&A section before, but now you can put questions in Issues, and we have more granular control who (either Sean and me at this point) work on that and what’s the plan for release.
If you are developer, we welcome your contribution!!!
How to contribute
It’s not so hard to contribute to this project, though you need to know how to use GitHub, the basic steps are:
1. Signup for a GitHub account
2. Fork the repository
3. Create branch
4. Work on code
5. Commit your change to your own branch / fork
6. If you want to suggest a change in our project, create a Pull Request, so that we can see your code and determine if it can be merged in
Though there are no templates, you can simply copy one of the function and start from there. If you choose to create a pull request, we will review it to give feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us for more detail.
Premier Mission Critical/Premier Field Engineer