We're delighted to announce that Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 17 released Thursday May 5th, 2011!
Note regarding Podcasts: Going forward, as Update Rollups for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and CRM 2011 will be alternately shipping every 4 weeks and focus increases on CRM 2011 servicing, we'll focus on Podcasts for each CRM 2011 Update Rollup release, beginning with a Podcast discussing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 2 on June 3rd, 2011. These CRM 2011 Update Rollup Podcasts will also discuss the previously-released Update Rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
Related links you should know about:
- Update Rollup 17 Microsoft Download Center page
- Update Rollup 17 "master" Microsoft Knowledge Base article (KB 2477746)
- This article also contains links to related Microsoft Knowledge Base articles
Packages are available for download via the Update Rollup 17 Microsoft Download Center page for these CRM components:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Email Router
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Manager
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Typically included in the Server product (extracted download or DVD) in the srsdataconnector folder
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Language Pack (aka Multilanguage User Interface, MUI)
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 17 Prerequisites:
- Update Rollup 7 is a prerequisite for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Manager
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 11 (and beyond) Prerequisites:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 11 added support for SQL Report Viewer 2008 SP1 and this has a prerequisite on .Net Framework 3.5 SP1, so this is also a requirement for installing UR11 and future Update Rollups on your CRM servers, routers, clients, etc.
- Update Rollup 11 also included changes that require Visual C++ 2008 + SP1, so this is also a requirement for installing Update Rollup 11 and future Update Rollups on your Microsoft Dynamics CRM servers, routers, clients, etc.
Issues resolved via Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 17:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 17 is a cumulative Update Rollup that includes all the fixes for the issues that are documented in the "Master Knowledge Base Articles" for Update Rollups 1 through 17. Hyperlinks to these articles are included in the "Issues that are resolved in Update Rollup 17 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0" section of the Update Rollup 17 "master" Microsoft Knowledge Base article.
Hotfixes and updates that were released as individual fixes:
- 2540055 The synchronization process enters an endless loop when you synchronize data in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook
- 2520714 You experience slow performance when Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 runs a search in the Active Directory environment
- 2527536 "Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown" error message when you try to assign a record to a user after you install Update Rollup 15 in the Turkish version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- 2535327 "This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms" error message is thrown when you run the database plug-in assembly in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Other fixes released via CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 17:
- When you cancel a quick find search in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, the grid revert to the previous view that was displayed before you run the search. However, if the view contains columns from related entities, incorrect data is displayed.
- When you click Use Advanced Find to evaluate members in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, the marketing list cannot contain more than 5,000 members.
- After you delete one of the email-addresses of a user in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, the email address of a resource in service appointments of the user is lost.
- When you select a time in a date/time field, such as the Due field of a Microsoft Dynamics CRM task, you receive the following error message:
- "An error has happened getting the date".
- Assume that a user is moved to a new business unit in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. When you click OK after you select the business unit, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM application becomes unresponsive.
- In Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, when you write custom code that uses the addressused value of an activityparty object to set an email address, the addressused value is ignored. This problem occurs if you install Update Rollup 11 through Update Rollup 16.
- When you export a report to Excel in offline mode in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook, the generated file name extension is invalid.
- When you install the Critical On Demand (COD) package of Hotfix 2535327, you receive the following error message:
- This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
- In Internet Explorer 9, when you create a quick campaign by using a wizard in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, you receive the following error message:
- "An error has occurred in the script on this page".
Hotfixes and updates that you have to enable or configure manually
Update Rollup 17 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 contains no updates that you must enable or configure manually.
- 64-bit versions of Office 2010 will not be supported in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- With Update Rollup 8 installed, Microsoft CRM E-mail Router Service supports Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- With Update Rollup 12 installed, the Rule Deployment Wizard supports Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Internet Explorer 9 Compatibility
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering team extensively tested Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 against pre-release versions of Internet Explorer 9 and continue to address compatibility issues, as they're reported, against the released (Released to Web) version of Internet Explorer 9.0. When necessary, we plan to release enhancements via future Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup releases to assure compatibility with Internet Explorer 9.
Premier Field Engineering