On April 4th 2011, Sean McNellis and Daren Turner from the Microsoft Premier Field Engineering team provided information and answered questions about Upgrading Customizations for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011:
A discussion on what to expect when upgrading customizations from CRM 4.0 to CRM 2011. What will developers need to look out for and what customizations will have to be upgraded for the next version.
- What changes will we encounter with the SDK for 2011?
- What customizations will I be required to upgrade?
- Any issues with custom code that won't upgrade properly?
- Is there anything I can do to be proactive about upgrading my customizations?
- What does the Premier team offer to help with upgrading customizations?
- We’ll be presenting at Convergence, what sessions will we be presenting and how to meet up with us?
- Upgrade assessment (Datasheet)
- Code review (Datasheet)
- Development workshop (Datasheet)
- DSE dedicated support engineer for your implementation (Datasheet)
Catch us at Convergence…
- DayOne Session: Troubleshooting the Outlook Client
- DayOne Session: Making Your Life Easier with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- DayOne Session: Preparing to Upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- DayOne Session: Extending Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Interactive Discussion: Customization Tips & Tricks in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
- Premier Service Booth in the Expo
- Support Help Desk
PFE Dynamics Website: http://www.pfedynamics.com/
PFE Dynamics Services: http://www.pfedynamics.com/services.html
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=420f0f05-c226-4194-b7e1-f23ceaa83b69
If you have any questions please contact Premier at PFEDynamics@microsoft.com