We're proud to announce that Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 14 released Thursday Nov. 18th, 2010!
On Nov. 19th, Greg Nichols from the Microsoft Premier Field Engineering team provided information and answered questions about the recent release of Update Rollup 14 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0:
Related links you should know about:
- Update Rollup 14 Microsoft Download Center page
- Update Rollup 14 "master" Microsoft Knowledge Base article (KB 2389019)
- This article also contains links to related Microsoft Knowledge Base articles
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering Team's Update Rollup 14 blog posting
Packages are available for download via the Update Rollup 14 Microsoft Download Center page for these CRM components:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Email Router
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Manager
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Typically included in the Server product in the srsdataconnector folder
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Language Pack (aka Multilanguage User Interface, MUI)
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 14 Prerequisites:
- Update Rollup 7 is a prerequisite for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Manager
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 11 (and beyond) Prerequisites:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 11 added support for SQL Report Viewer 2008 SP1 and this has a prerequisite on .Net Framework 3.5 SP1, so this is also a requirement for installing UR11 and future Update Rollups on your CRM servers, routers, clients, etc.
- Update Rollup 11 also included changes that require Visual C++ 2008 + SP1, so this is also a requirement for installing Update Rollup 11 and future Update Rollups on your Microsoft Dynamics CRM servers, routers, clients, etc.
Issues resolved via Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 14:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 14 is a cumulative Update Rollup that includes all the fixes for the issues that are documented in the "Master Knowledge Base Articles" for Update Rollups 1 through 14. Hyperlinks to these articles are included in the "Issues that are resolved in Update Rollup 14 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0" section of the Update Rollup 14 "master" Microsoft Knowledge Base article.
New fixes released prior to Update Rollup 14 that are included in Update Rollup 14 but not included in Update Rollup 13 are:
- 2448885 "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server" error message when you add members to a marketing list in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 that has Update Rollup 11, Update Rollup 12 or Update Rollup 13 installed
- 2444464 You experience slow performance, or the application becomes unresponsive when you query email messages under a serializable isolation level in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- 2431852 A time-out occurs, or you experience slow performance when you save an Appointment activity after you run the Internet Information Services reset in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Other fixes released via CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 14:
- You cannot add a column or a group when you create reports by using the report wizard on Internet Explorer 9.
- When you create an opportunity through a marketing list, you cannot set a price list. Additionally, you receive the following error message: "There was an error with this field's customized event."
- The same 100 email messages are polled repeatedly, the 101st or higher are not processed.
- For a Send Email step in a workflow, an email template is not retained when the email step properties window is opened again.
- Assume that you created a report by using the Report Wizard. When you click a section of a chart to view some data tables, you receive the following error message: "The processing of FilterExpression for table 'Table0' cannot be performed".
- The Full Name field on a Contact record is cut off when the field contains more than 50 characters.
- Email messages are not processed from the forward mailboxes by using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Email Router. This happens when you use the Exchange 2010 web services together with Exchange 2007.
- When you try to go offline in Microsoft Dynamics CRM that has many custom entities, for example more than 400 entities, you receive the following error message: "There is insufficient system memory to run this query".
- After you install the Update Rollup 12 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server and router, you cannot create email rules by using the Rule Deployment Wizard. Additionally, you receive the following error message: "There is no such object on the server."
- In the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Microsoft Office Outlook, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client AutoUpdate continuously prompts you to install the update and then restart. This happens if the User Access Control (UAC) is enabled.
- When you create a child record that contains a field of type Owner that is mapped to a field of type Lookup from a parent entity, you receive the following error message: "Invalid Argument, Error code: 0x80040203".
- The Track in CRM button is not checked by default on a POP3 profile for users who want to track all email messages by using the Outlook email form.
- On a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 environment where Workflows are configured to be triggered on the update of a specific field, WorkflowExpansionTasks are created even if the specified field was not part of the update request.
- The More menu displays nothing after you apply Update Rollup 12 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
- Through the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook after you click Export Data to Excel, select the Dynamic PivotTable option, and then click Export, the Refresh for CRM button does not work.
- Users in different time zones see the same date for Notes even when the time changes should set it to the next day or the previous day.
- Enter Value is still displayed when the date is pasted by using shortcut key on the Advanced Find.
- Activities remain in the offline database after you change attendees of the activities.
- You cannot merge records that are related to closed opportunities.
- You cannot extend the maximum length for city and country on leadaddress.
- Duplicate Detection checks all fields instead of just the edited fields when you click Save after you edit a record.
- The Async service starts too many threads causing high CPU and memory usage.
Hotfixes and updates that you have to enable or configure manually
Update Rollup 14 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 contains the following hotfixes and updates that you must enable or configure manually. You can enable or configure these hotfixes and updates on the server that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 by following the instructions in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) articles:
- 2436115 A time-out occurs, or you experience slow performance when you save an Appointment activity after you run the Internet Information Services reset in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
- 2459536 An appointment is deleted unexpectedly in the Outlook calendar for the attendee after the appointment is untracked in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
- 2461448 The Reminder time of a task record in Outlook is overwritten unexpectedly by the Due time of the task record in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook.
Internet Explorer 9 Compatibility
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering team has been extensively testing pre-release versions of Internet Explorer 9 and plan to, if necessary, release enhancements via the next several Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup releases to support Internet Explorer 9.