Microsoft Social Engagement 2018 Update 1.1 is ready and will be released in January 2018. This article describes the fixes, and other changes that are included in this update.
New and updated features
Improved accessibility across all interfaces
With this update, Social Engagement is more accessible for all users. These changes include support for keyboard navigation, screen reader support, and overall improvements to the user experience.
New capabilities for all users:
- You can choose to represent the data from widgets in Social Engagement in a chart or a data table.
- You can choose to render the charts with a fill pattern or solid colors. When selecting the fill patterns, data on maps will be represented in different shapes and not rely exclusively on color.
- You can navigate the maps in Social Engagement with a keyboard by selecting a tab to reach the first data point on a map.
- In activity maps, you can choose between a visual map and a data table. The map allows navigation by keyboard in cardinal directions.
- You will experience improved navigation for post lists and post details
Administrators now enabled to remove alert recipients
With an administrator configuration role in Social Engagement, you can now remove recipients from alerts that were configured by other users. You can search for a specific email address and then remove the recipient from all alerts that send email to that address. Additionally, you can export a list of alerts this recipient receives.
Changes for author information from Facebook pages
Starting February 6, 2018, Facebook updates its API to pull data for Facebook pages. From that date, author information for Facebook posts will only be available for pages that have been added as a social profile to your Social Engagement solution. The content of posts and comments, as well as enrichments such as sentiment, will continue to be available for posts and comments without author information. We recommend you add page access tokens for every Facebook page before this change on February 6.
Service and product improvements
In addition to the new features, Update 1.1 addresses the following issues:
- Updated and translated UI text for several languages in various areas of Social Engagement.
- Resolved limitations for Firefox users when editing text input. You can now place the text cursor as expected when writing messages.