Microsoft Social Engagement 2017 Update 1.10 is ready and will be released in November 2017. This article describes the fixes, and other changes that are included in this update.
New and updated features
Microsoft Social Engagement 2017 Update 1.10 introduces the following features:
Updated user experience for activity maps
To make activity maps more accessible to everyone, we introduced shapes as an additional means of displaying information on the maps. Sentiment values and the age of posts are now expressed in color and shape.
Update to alert emails
Alert emails now provide a link to the Analytics area in the Social Engagement app, where you can see the posts that match the data set that triggered the alert. Post content is no longer delivered as part of the email message. These links now also reflect changed alert configurations and deleted alerts.
New video training on Microsoft Virtual Academy
Learn how to build search topics and navigate Social Engagement to get the most out of it. Plus, examine different strategies for managing your social presence. Explore the social engagement circle and social strategy, and look at brand reputation and social business opportunities. Take a look at post consumption and analytics, configure automation options, and much more.
New social post packs for Microsoft Social Engagement
Next to the 10,000 monthly post package for Microsoft Social Engagement, new packages with 100,000 and 1,000,000 monthly posts are now available as part of the Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA). The MPSA is a transactional licensing agreement for commercial, government, and academic organizations that have 250 or more users or devices.
In addition to the new features, Update 1.10 addresses the following issues:
- Updated and translated UI text for several languages throughout Microsoft Social Engagement.
- Improvements on the backend for acquisition stability and reliability.
- Improved rate limiting on Facebook Pages, which will result in less delay on acquiring posts and comments from Facebook Pages, as well as unblocking publish actions.
- Fixed an issue with truncated text strings in previous Microsoft Social Engagement versions.
- Fixed an issue on Analytics > Overview where history charts displayed the first month of a custom time frame incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue with keyword filters where the input field was limited by mistake.