The latest update (version 9.0) for Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement apps includes many new and exciting features! This blog shows you where to go to find the content you need.
Start by visiting our new documentation site at https://docs.microsoft.com/dynamics365/, and then choose the What's new tile.
Detailed "what's new" content is available here:
- What's new for Enterprise edition
- What's new for developers
- Important changes (deprecations) coming
- Admin Guide
New and updated content for Customer Engagement apps
With this release, Dynamics 365 introduces new "Hub" apps for Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, and Project Service Automation. These new Hub apps (and the Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets app) are built on a new Unified Interface framework, which uses responsive design principles to provide an optimal experience for any screen size or orientation. Read about the new Hub apps in the following topics:
- Sales Hub overview
- Customer Service Hub overview
- Field Resource Hub User Guide
- Project Resource Hub User Guide
- Dynamics 365 for phones and tablets User Guide
Want to dive deeper into the new Customer Service Hub? See these great new videos:
- Meet the Customer Service Hub in Dynamics 365, Customer Engagement
- Expertly manage your cases in the Customer Service Hub for Customer Engagement
- Address open cases fast with Customer Service Hub dashboards for Customer Engagement
This release also includes a refreshed user interface that improves usability and visual appeal for the Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, and Project Service Automation web apps. Watch this video to learn more: Tour the user interface refresh for web apps.
Want to connect Dynamics 365 (online) to LinkedIn for lead generation and ad campaigns? See this topic to learn how: Sync LinkedIn leads by using the Dynamics 365 Connector for LinkedIn.
New and updated app platform content
The July 2017 update provides a number of improvements for the app platform. Read more in the following topics:
- App designer (now also available for Unified Interface)
- Site map designer
- Interact with data from external systems using virtual entities
- Multi-step workflow automation with embedded Microsoft Flow
- Power BI enhancements
Stay tuned for new/updated content on the drag-and drop View designer (available through App designer), multi-select options sets, enhanced business process flows, and web resource dependencies and localization.
With this release of Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement, there are many changes coming for the developer documentation. We are still working on the developer documentation for the current release that will be available later this month, but here are some changes coming your way:
- Developer Guide - We are no longer using the term “SDK” to refer to the developer documentation that is just a part of the overall SDK provided by Customer Engagement to let developers extend the core capabilities. We will now use the term “Developer Guide” to refer to documentation for developers.
- Assemblies - We won’t be shipping the SDK package. Instead the assemblies and tools will be available as NuGet packages. Also, you can generate a PDF version of the Developer Guide when it becomes available online for offline reading; we won’t be shipping the CHM version of the developer docs. More details about each components will be provided in a detailed follow-up blog post.
- Improved documentation - The content of the developer guide is reorganized to make it more modular and provide easy access to the most relevant and related reference content instead of the users having to jump back and forth in the TOC. We are also adding a new section for the entity reference content that will provide information about each entity and its properties, attributes, relationships, and available operations.
We hope you will like these changes, and find it useful as you extend and develop applications for Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement. We will follow up with a detailed blog post on developer documentation changes when we release the developer guide. Stay tuned!