Microsoft Social Engagement 2017 Update 1.6 is ready and will be released in July 2017. This article describes the fixes, and other changes that are included in this update.
New and updated features
Microsoft Social Engagement 2017 Update 1.6 introduces the following features:
Improved base model for sentiment analysis
To improve and refine the base sentiment model, we've modified the machine learning process and added training data. You don't have to do anything to benefit from these improvements. If you activated adaptive learning for your organization, all the edits you've made to sentiment values will automatically be applied to the improved base model.
Improved load-balancing for data acquisition
Performance and reliability are key to providing a stable data acquisition pipeline that can handle massive amounts of data all day, every day. Emerging trends or events often generate a significant number of posts on social media. To make the data acquisition service even more reliable and stable, we've improved the way the system handles these varying volumes of data.
In addition to the new features, Update 1.6 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue in the Social Engagement content pack for Power BI that was causing the data import to fail when no authenticated social profiles are present in the Social Engagement solution. Please download the latest content pack from AppSource to avoid this issue
- Fixed an issue where in some cases not all posts from an RSS feed were acquired successfully.
- Fixed an issue where Facebook a token warning was displayed in Analytics although tokens were still valid.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to add a space character in a search topic category name.
- Fixed a layout issue on Activity Maps, where the post list was slightly cut off.
- Fixed an issue where swiping action in Analytics were too sensitive on Android devices.
- Fixed issues with untranslated tooltips and labels.
- Updated localization of some of the system emails sent from Social Engagement.