Check out the new documentation for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2015 Update 1 (7.1.0).
What’s new in this update
Everything you need to learn about – and prepare for – the new features is on these pages:
- Get ready for the next release
- What’s new for administrators and customizers
- What’s new for developers
- What’s new for end-users – a visual roundup with videos and links
Information for IT pros, administrators, implementers, and customizers
For CRM administrators and customizers, this update includes:
- What’s new for administrators and customizers in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2015 Update 1
- Manage Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online updates
- Deploy Office 365 Groups
- Change the color scheme or add a logo to match your organization’s brand
- Invoke custom action from a workflow or dialog
- Use Power BI with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
Information for developers
For developers this update includes:
- New capabilities to integrate Microsoft Dynamics CRM data with external systems more easily
- Update message for specialized operations
- Alternate keys
- Change tracking
- Upsert for updating CRM with external data
- Apply optimistic concurrency in your applications
- Execute multiple messages in a single transaction
- Improved tracing support for debugging plugins
- New form script capabilities
- And many more new things! For more information, see What’s new for developers in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2015 Update 1.
All new code samples for this update are available on MSDN Developer code samples:
- Use optimistic concurrency with update and delete operations
- Convert date and time behavior
- Parature Integration: Create and associate knowledge base record to incident
- Synchronize data with external systems using change tracking
We are in the process of migrating our codes samples out of the downloadable SDK package and make them available online so that they can be discovered more easily.
Finally, please visit the new responsive Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer center at http://crmdevelopercenter.com/. Be sure to try the new search, which is filtered to return only MSDN library content from the Microsoft CRM SDK
Information for end-users
For end-users, this update includes new topics and updates to the Training & Adoption Kit.
- What’s new
- Videos & eBooks
- New navigation – 2-minute video tour
- Custom themes (includes the video)
- Analyze your CRM data in Excel Online
- Collaborate with your colleagues using Office 365 Groups
- Track Outlook email by moving it to a tracked Exchange folder
- Get back to recently used records, views, or dashboards
- Connect Dynamics CRM to the Parature knowledge base
- Add a Parature Knowledge Base search pane to a CRM form
- Find Parature knowledge base (KB) articles from within Dynamics CRM
- Automatic record creation
- Preview features and how to enable them
- Updated CRM Basics Guide for Sales Pros and Service Reps
- New Mobile User’s Guide – Find out how to install the new phone app, work offline, and manage your leads through the sales process
- Updated Training & Adoption Kit! The popular, easy-to-customize PowerPoint source files are right here – all ready for you to use for your own training, presentations, and webinars.
Enjoy the new features!
We hope this new content gets you going on all the new features of this online update.
As always, you can find your way to all documentation by visiting the central portal for all the CRM content sites: the CRM Help Center.
Let us know in the blog comments what you think of the new content – of if there’s something else you need. Give feedback to the Documentation Team at any time.