I recently published a new technical article for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online: Using Option Set Options with the REST Endpoint – JScript.
This article is about using option set attribute metadata to:
- Display text for integer values returned for option sets
- Display valid options for user interface controls to allow editing records
These tasks are presented in the context of a sample JScript library that can be used to generate a simple user interface with an HTML Web resource. This is the UI for a page displaying Contact entity records:
This sample is only intended to illustrate the strategy described in the article. It is intentionally as simple as I could make it while still covering the core tasks to create, retrieve, update and delete records containing option set attributes. Along the way I also used attribute metadata to manage:
- Setting default values for new records
- Enforcing required fields
- Preserving the integrity of auditing data by only updating attributes that are changed
If you need to create a user interface to edit Microsoft CRM record I hope this article helps you identify the attribute metadata you can use.