Internet Leads – How to start and grow your business online

Internet Leads are prospective customers interested into your business online. You can use your favorite search engine marketing tools or expertise as a starting point for integration into a solution using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.

Online Lead Generation is a marketing term that refers to the creation or generation of prospective consumer interest or inquiry into a business' products or services online. Let’s take a basic example and see how we can create a landing page and how we can use the page to collect Internet Leads.

Step 1: Navigate to Internet Lead Capture

Internet Lead Capture is present in the Sales and Marketing areas. In this example we will use the Sales area to create a Landing Page and collect Internet Leads.

clip_image002

Step 2: Create a landing page

A landing page it’s a web page that captures information about the potential customer. Using CRM Online you can customize the page layout.

clip_image004

Clicking Create Page button will open the following dialog where you can customize the look and feel (colors and form layout):

clip_image006

Step 4: Form content

Clicking next will open the form customization where fields can be added or subtracted to suit the business need:

clip_image008

clip_image010clip_image012

Step 5: Confirmation page

Once the form is customized we can get a preview of how it will look like.

clip_image014

Step 6: Lead collection

The screen is giving us some tips of how to make the url that we just created known to potential customers (e.g. by including it in an e-mail campaign or on a marketing webpage):

clip_image016

Step 7: Test the page

Once the page is created we can go ahead and test ourselves the page.

clip_image018

Step 8: Importing Internet Leads in CRM

Internet leads tab contains all the details collected for each individual Internet Lead.

clip_image020

We can select which ones we like to import into CRM (assigning to me or somebody else in the organization) delete them or Export to Excel. If we choose to import into CRM, the Internet Lead will be moved to CRM and the entry will removed from the Internet Leads page.

clip_image022

Here is a screen shot of how our IL looks like in CRM. Notice in the Topic that Internet Marketing is mentioned.

clip_image024

Step 9: Internet Leads statistics

Internet leads capture provides also some insights into how many leads we got per month or what is the performance of our Landing Page.

clip_image026

Cheers,

Doru Rotovei

1. Steve Nutt says:

I see the benefit of this when working in conjunction with tools like Google Analytics. You can never have enough data 😉

2. It would be very, very interesting to hear from anybody if they have used tweets to drive people to an internet landing page.

I could see a company like Starbucks or Nike tweet about some promotion they have for something like a free coffee or branded sweat band and in the tweet they could push the customers to the landing page.

The landing page could then be used to pull the lead data into their CRM for future marketing campaigns or promotion letters.

Microsoft has done a fantastic job in adding this functionality.

3. Jamey Cordery says:

Our CRM is onsite. I don’t see this functionality. Is this only for CRM Online or do we just not have that portion deployed?

Thanks.

4. Jason says:

Looks like this is for CRM Online only. Not CRM deployed on-site.

Does anyone have this functionality or source for the on-site version?

5. Doru Rotovei says:

Thanks everybody for your interest in this feature.

Indeed, this feature was developed for Online version of the product as it made perfect sense, so the functionality does not exist in "on premise" installations.

I would be really interested to hear happy stories using this feature.

6. Ty East says:

Jason, there is an accelorator that can be used for the on-site version.  It does take some technical knowledge, but works very well.  It is called portal integration.

here is the url:  http://crmaccelerators.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=29992

7. Laine Haden says:

I am attempting to use this Form for the 1st time.  Under "Page Information > Description of your business, product, or service" the info I entered is returning an error message "the text entered above contains a character that is not allowed".  It doesn’t give me any tips on what to look for, nothing, and I can’t find help on this anywhere!  I did a character count and I am within the limit (0-1024).

Anyone have any ideas?

Some tutorials, samples and examples of Best Practices on this Form would also be very useful.

Thanks!

Laine

8. Matt says:

Laine, I had the same experience. My solution was to remove the brackets I used — I.e., (text).

Hope that helps.

9. Robin says:

I would love to have a solution that doesn't involve an extra step of assigning a lead to a user. I would love the option of automatically assigning it to a user and having it automatically import into the CRM. My co-workers don't like the extra step.

Does anyone know of a simple solution of how to integrate this functionality?

I know Salesforce and Highrise have a simple solution, why can't Microsoft…? Why do they have to make it so difficult?

10. David says:

Needs to import directly as a lead without having to check a dialog box or at least send a notification to a CRM user when the lead originates.  No one will keep checking a separate dialog over and over. That is one way an internet lead dies.

11. Ideas For Business says:

Great Insight on Targeted Traffic Generation, There are 3 Components Needed in place besides Traffic which I refer as ( Fuel ).

1st You Need a Great Vehicle in place the Vehicle is ( Your Product or Offer )

2nd You Need an Engine to your Vehicle ( The Engine is "System In Place for Automation" )3rd You Need "The Right Fuel" for this Vehicle and Engine (The Fuel is the Right Traffic ) You Can Not Put Diesel Fuel in an Unleaded Engine or Vehicle ( will not go too far ) 😉 "Make Sense?"I Learned this through a Company called Work Online Academy,LLC.  they specialize in getting you inside the Best Vehicle , with the Best Engine, and Best Fuel, in the Industry Bar None period. I believe it will Be of Great Value to anyone Especially Newbies or New Comers that are Overwhelmed in getting the right traffic and are struggling due to being new to the industry, really not your fault, you just need someone to Direct you to the right path. if you want to find out more on these 3 steps you may go here for more advance insight on the subject, I am confident it will be of Great Value to you and yours. Respectfully, Enjoy:

workonlineacademy.com/…/BestOnlineTips