The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering team will release Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 8 on Thursday, December 17, 2009.
Once the release is available the links below will take you to the necessary information about Update Rollup 8.
- Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c53b2916-6b93-4092-bdd3-a394c96ca000
- Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=975995
General Details about Update Rollup 8
- Update Rollup 8 is cumulative. However, the Update Rollup 8 CRM Client and Data Migration Client packages require Update Rollup 7 to be installed. For all other CRM components you do not need to install any previous Update Rollups prior to Update Rollup 8
- The Update Rollup 8 download contains updates for the 40 supported Language Packs. Prior to installing the Update Rollup 8 Language pack you must install the original Language pack.
- If you have Language Packs installed, you should
- Download the Update Rollup 8 Language Pack
- Install the Update Rollup 8 Language Pack
- De-provision the Language Pack
- Re-provision the Language Pack
- Information about how to avoid reboots when installing the CRM Outlook Client can be found in the Update Rollup 4 blog posting.
- The Update Rollup 8 Client can be deployed before the server is upgraded to Update Rollup 8.
- Steps to make the Update Rollup 8 Client available via AutoUpdate can be found in the Update Rollup 4 blog posting. The Link and Patch IDs can be found in kb article 975995.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router
Update Rollup 8 adds support for Exchange 2010. However, the Update Rollup 8 Rule Deployment Wizard does not yet support Exchange 2010. We are working to add that support in future Update Rollups.
How to get support for Update Rollup 8
To get support please contact Microsoft Product Support. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];CNTACTMS
Note: In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.