The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering team released Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 6 on Thursday, August 27, 2009.
Below are the links to the release and related information about the Rollup. Please see the Knowledge Base (KB) article for more details about the Update Rollup 6 content and instructions.
- Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=79f90982-c039-41c2-af8e-3119ecf27790
- Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=970148
Install Details about Update Rollup 6
- Update Rollup 6 is cumulative. You do not need to install any previous Update Rollups prior to Update Rollup 6
- The Update Rollup 6 client can be deployed before the server is upgraded to Update Rollup 6
- Update Rollup 6 can be uninstalled
- Steps to make Update Rollup 6 available via AutoUpdate can be found in the Update Rollup 4 blog posting. The Link and Patch IDs can be found in the kb article at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=970148.
- Information about how to avoid reboots when installing the CRM Outlook Client can also be found in the Update Rollup 4 blog posting.
Update Rollup 6 and all future Update Rollups will contain Mobile Express
The CRM team released the English version of Mobile Express on July 8, 2009 as an update to the CRM Server. Since Mobile Express is now part of the Server product it will be installed and updated as part of all Update Rollups going forward. There is a Getting Started: CRM Mobile Express blog that has some pointers on how to get started. The localized versions of Mobile Express will be delivered in a future update rollup.