The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Sustained Engineering team released Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 1 on Monday, November 24, 2008.
Below is the link to the release and information on how to deploy it to your clients via AutoUpdate. Please see the Knowledge Base (KB) article for more details about the Update Rollup 1 content and instructions. The Update Rollup 1 client can be deployed before the server is upgraded to Update Rollup 1.
- Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=57c6267b-3b13-49dd-bfed-3cc83633aea7&DisplayLang=en
- Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952858
Making Update Rollup 1 available to your clients via AutoUpdate:
You can find more information about AutoUpdate in Eric Newell’s blog entry at http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/05/08/crm-client-autoupdate.aspx.
If you have a direct internet connection from your client machines, you can avoid some of the configuration steps and use the linkID directly. Below are the necessary steps to configure the AutoUpdate for Update Rollup 1.
Note: These are steps 5, 6 and 7 of Eric’s blog.
1. Create the configuration XML file and save it.
<!— *** UR1 PATCH –>
<Title>Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 (KB 952858)</Title>
<Description>Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 (KB 952858)</Description>
<!— *** This will make it Mandatory –>
2. From the command prompt, go to the directory where the ClientPatchConfigurator.exe is located ([ServerInstallDir]\Tools and type microsoft.crm.tools.clientpatchconfigurator.exe [configfile].xml
3. Once the patch has been uploaded, launch the Outlook client
The dialog should now appear saying that “Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 (KB 952858” is available. If the <IsMandatory> is set to false, the client will only see the update if the user selects “Check for Updates” via the CRM Menu in the Outlook client.