The Microsoft CRM Sustained Engineering team has released Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 1 for Server and Sales for Outlook.
This Update Rollup is significant in that it is the first publicly-available hotfix/update rollup for CRM 3.0. It makes it very easy for customers to update their Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 systems to the latest set of hotfixes, and to maintain parity between the client and server components of Microsoft CRM 3.0.
• Microsoft Download Center: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=08BADB01-4984-458E-96E6-4F08622CFE63&displaylang=en
• Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922815
• CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 1 does not provide compatibility with CRM 3.0 Sales for Outlook compatibility with Windows Vista and Office 2007. Stay tuned to communications regarding availability of a CRM 3.0 Sales for Outlook compatible with Windows Vista and Office 2007.
• Chinese and Japanese versions of CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 1 are not available, but are under consideration
• When customizations were exported from a Microsoft CRM 3.0 server running Update Rollup 1, importing the customizations to a Microsoft CRM 3.0 server that does not have Update Rollup 1 installed is not supported. Such an attempt will produce an error message such as “The selected schema file does not conform with the requested format. There has been an error with the schema validation in line 37977, position 16.” When attempting to import customizations to your CRM Server that were exported from a CRM Server running Update Rollup 1, make sure the CRM Server to which you are importing the customizations also has Update Rollup 1 installed.
• Update Rollup 1 contains hotfixes and updates that you have to manually enable or configure. To enable or configure these hotfixes on the server that is running Microsoft CRM 3.0, consult the "Hotfixes and updates that you have to manually enable or configure" section of Microsoft Knowledge Base article 922815.