Big Deal Alerts

Scenario: Kevin works at Bikes Corp. as Sales Manager. Kevin wants to ensure that each time a large opportunity (let us say greater than 5 million dollars) is converted into sale, he gets notified. As Kevin spends most of his time working inside Outlook, he shall prefer to get an e-mail telling him the key details of the opportunity won. He would also like to be able to navigate to specific opportunity record from the e-mail.

-->

Workflow Configuration: Please download the BigDealAlert_v1.zip file. Unzip it on your machine and follow the instructions in readme.txt. Ensure that the 'Send e-mail with opportunity lookup' workflow is activated.

Notes:

• The workflow rule described above is for illustrative purposes only. Sample rule example in the attached zip file can be extended to address more sophisticated business requirements using MSCRM 3.0 Workflow Manager.
  • The workflow rule has been shown for opportunities. Similar rules can be created for other entities (e.g. – leads, cases etc.) as well by following the examples in the attached zip file.
  • The CRM record hyperlink inside e-mail body will work only for users who are inside the domain.
  • It is recommended that you test the workflow rules in a test environment before you put it in production.

Feel free to let us know what you think of this sample.

Praveen Upadhyay

1. Sandra Wagner says:

My department has requested that they receive an email alert when another individual (say, the CEO) creates any activity on their ‘owned’ accounts or leads.  Is there any way to set an alert on Activities??  spw

2. A CRM Riff says:

As you may already know, additional documentation on the workflow feature is available from the Workflow…

3. Simone says:

Is there a way to consolidate these kind of alert emails. IE: if my boss wants to be notified if a case stays open for x amount of time, and he gets a billion emails a day – can i consolidate them so he gets one email each morning with all this info??

thanks 🙂

solutions@easymail.com

attn: simone

4. Earth says:

Hi,

Thank you for your useful assembly. However, after I tried to invoke this assembly from my own server, I got the error message and the workflow is paused at the step calling the assembly.

I also tried to use the test sample workflow bundled in the zip file but the error still occur.

Could you please give me any recommendation? Thank you in advance.

Earth

5. Santi says:

Hi All,

Thank you for your useful assembly above. However, after I followed your instructions and try to invoke the assembly from both my own workflow and your sample workflow, I got an error message and the process is paused at the step of calling the assembly.

Could you please suggest me for the solution of any guide to find more detail about the error? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Santi

6. Thanwa says:

Hi all,

Now I can successfully use this assembly, the problem comes from CRM Web service in my server.

However, I’m still looking for any idea to use workflow to adjust date time. I would like to have a datetime variable which contain a specific time of the execution date. For example, when the workflow is triggerred, I want to set a variable to contain today’s 10.00am. I found that the out-of-the-box assembly does not contain this kind of function. Could you please give me some ideas?

Regards,

Santi

7. Praveen says:

For those who are getting error while running the workflow might wanna make sure that the following flag is set to true in first line of workflow.config.xml file:

8. A CRM Riff says: